cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cannot create an animation

idarney
1-Newbie

I followed the instructions in the User’s Manual to create an animation of a spiral. When I clicked on ‘Animate’ in the ‘Record Animation Dialog Box’, nothing happened. Subsequent attempts brought up the message ‘Error initialising video stream’.

Where am I going wrong?

29 REPLIES 29

> Where am I going wrong?

hard to say without seeing what you do.

Chances are that you forgot to select (fence) the area you want to see in the video. You have to do this AFTER you selected Animation from the menu and before you click "Animate".

At least I often forget to do so and face  the very same error message.

I selected Record Animation, then the area, then Animate. The result is below

0425Capture.JPG

So it looks you are doing it the right way.

Have you changed ("options") the default codec (default: Microsoft  Video 1) to something else ? Most codecs offered are for decoding and will throw the same error you encounter if chosen for encoding.

I have checked. I am using Microsoft Video 1.

Ian Darney wrote:

I have checked. I am using Microsoft Video 1.

So all seems to be as it should be.

Sorry, then I have no clue what the cause may be.

Some sort of installation problem? Conflict of an old software using (very) old codecs with a newer operating system? On the other hand - MC 15 should work OK in that respect even with Win10.

So I have just a few diffuse suggestions left, like "try a repair installation", "reinstall the software" or "Install the last, current release of Mathcad 15" (I assume you are using ;C15).

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:idarney)

Can you attach your Mathcad worksheet with animation? What version of Mathcad are you using, is there any chance for you to update your version up to the latest Mathcad 15 M045 service release? Here is a link: http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you#_ga=1.246581892.1609544508.1489647691

One article about the creating animation (Russian)

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad-15/kinematic.html

Sorry. I do not understand Russian

Ian Darney написал(а):

Sorry. I do not understand Russian

Google translator!

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi Ian Darney,

you could do so:

Spiral.jpg

Video Link : 7783

I can not see the animation

Convert please avi into mov and then put it here!

I do not have the right software.

... it's so simple that you do not waste much time doing it yourself again.

F.M. написал(а):

I do not have the right software.

Online video converter to MOV format

it isn't free...

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

F.M. wrote:

it isn't free...

Really!?

I don't know that site and will not give it a try as using its service requires (free) registration.

But the documentation clearly states:

If you want to use the API for free, the following limitations apply:

• Amount of free conversion minutes within 24 hours: 30
  • Maximum upload size per file: 100 MB
  • You need to put a logo of online-convert.com on your website and link it to http://www.online-convert.com/
  • You are allowed to use only one API-key per website/project/company/individual

So I guess they provide a free basic service and if you need more, you have to pay - looks like a fair deal.

Was the free basic service not available when you gave it a try or why do you think its not free?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

To be precise, it converts only 30% of the video, if I want to convert 100% I have to buy the software.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Ah! That would of course mean that the free service is unusable. Maybe you ran into the mentioned 100 MB limit.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

impossible, the dimension of the ile avi  is circa 1MB.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Then thats a limitation not mentioned in the docs - inexcusable and not a sign of respectability.

Fortunately there is a lot of really free software around which is capable to do the necessary conversion.

On the other hand you always can attach the unchanged avi which is created by Mathcad. In my opinion the much better alternative anyway, as you avoid the annoying limitations of the embedded videos.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Thank you! I'll try it right away!

idarney
1-Newbie

Hi FM.

I had a go at doing it your way. This was the result:-

0425 FM suggestion.JPG

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

This also happens to me when I have launched the application too many times. Restarting MathCad does not happen  anymore. It should also happen to you. For the range of the FRAME variable, choose from 0 to 100. Please open the Spiral.avi file with windows media player.

idarney
1-Newbie

Hi FM

I tried again. Created a new worksheet. Followed the instructions precisely. Chose a range of 0 to 100. Clicked on Animate. Same message 'Error initialising video stream'.

It seems that there is an error in the Mathcad software on my computer. I will have to consider uninstalling the software and then re-installing it. Seems a drastic move.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

The procedure is this: click on record then select the animation area, then adjust the FRAME range from 0 to 100 and then click animate.

You may consider reregistering Mathcads dll's.

Not sure if this has something to do with animations and can't remember exactly how this could be achieved - you'll have to search the forum for it.

Which operating system is in use?

Which release of Mathcad do you use? Current is Mathcad 15 M045 and you may consider upgrading - VladimirN has posted the link to the software above.

I have downloaded and installed a trail version of Mathcad M15 Version M045.and created a new worksheet to check the Animation function, using the spiral as before. The problem persists, exactly as illustrated earlier. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Salve Ian,

The animations provided by the help (Graphing and visualization-quick sheets-Animation to demonstrate Concepts) are working?

I also have a computer with O. S.  windows 7 home premium, and the animation works regularly.

idarney
1-Newbie

Success!

I checked the instructions in my new version of Mathcad and noted that the area to be animated should be DRAG-selected. I tried this, and created the desired animation.

The Users Manual that I had been following called for the use of SHIFT-select.

Many thanks to all of you for your help.

It is for your Success!

Top Tags