cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cannot license free 30 day trial

sonyag88
1-Newbie

Cannot license free 30 day trial

I successfully installed MathCAD's free trial, but when asked to license, I attempt to connect to the internet to acquire my license code and am met with the following "Unexpected Error": Thank you for using Mathcad, single user edition. You have reached the maximum number of license files available for your license type. To acquire another single user license, please visit http://www.ptc.com, a local retailer, or a reseller. To acquire a volume license [[which I don't want, nor need to do]], find your regional PTC representative at http://www.ptc.com/purchase/contact.htm. PLEASE HELP. I need to run this and am extremely frustrated that I can't. I have never used Mathcad before, much less had it installed on my brand new laptop, so the license error is confusing.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, i have the same problem. Can you tell me if you were able to resolve this issue?

I have not been successful in fixing this. No one from support ever replied to my email questioning.
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:sonyag88)

"Sonya Gabrielson" wrote:

I have not been successful in fixing this. No one from support ever replied to my email questioning.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

Lots of people have posted reports about licensing problems, and lots of them are people that downloaded the trial version and have never had Mathcad installed before. There is a recurring theme in those posts, which is that PTC support sucks, and the licensing people never return phone calls or emails. It's bad enough when a company has draconian licensing policies, but when they back that up with lousy support for legitimate users that are having licensing problems, one has to wonder if they actually want to sell their software at all. Richard

call them as someone suggested. they'll email u a license file. the really need to correct the problem.
Announcements

Top Tags