cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Changing page setup for individual pages?

ptc-1722178
1-Newbie

Changing page setup for individual pages?

I am attempting to set up a mathcad document to print. I have an excel component included in the document that is too wide to print on a portrait page. Is there a way to change the page setup for that individual page, rather than for the entire document? Or a way to rotate the Excel component on the page? I do not want the entire document to print landscape.

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

On a related note, is there a way to change other page setup information like paper size, etc. for certain pages?
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1722178)

No. Unfortunately the page format always applies to all pages. Mixed page formats in one document has been requested, but I think it's not easy to implement.

Richard

Children solution is copy page by page from mathcad file and paste as reference (external file, not embeded into word) in a word document which allows to landscape for individual pages.

Or can play setting page breaks and saving as html or rtf and see what can do.

Regards. Alvaro.

Thanks for the replies. Adiaz, I was hopeful there was a way to do this within MathCAD to avoid jumping through the hoops of switching between multiple programs. In my line of work, I typically have to print my calculations for review multiple times before they are finalized, and every added step increases the time I spend on a given calculation - if there was a way to handle it within MathCAD, that would greatly simplify things for me.

As it is, I will continue to jump through hoops of switching between programs for printing.

Have not the time, patience nor knowdoladge to implement a script that based on some tag in the file print the pages that have a text area with this special tag rotated.

But don't lost the hope, there are script gurus in the collab.

Regards. Alvaro.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:AlvaroDíaz)

On 12/10/2009 4:06:34 PM, adiaz wrote:
>Have not the time, patience
>nor knowdoladge to implement a
>script that based on some tag
>in the file print the pages
>that have a text area with
>this special tag rotated.

I would hate to say that's not possible, but there is certainly no easy way to do it. The only method available is "PrintAll", which prints the entire worksheet. There is also no method to change the page layout in the worksheet. I'm sure it could be done by modifying the XML in the file, but it would be a lot of work!

Richard

You're right, PrintAll sends the entire ws, and no method to rotating pages.

Here my idea of the script:

Supose a variable in the ws:

PrintPages := (0,0,1,0,0,0,1,1,-1,-1,0,0)

where 0 meaning print, 1 print landscape, other value not print the page.

Now a component that read this variable with guetelement into a vbs array vbP(). If the variable does not exist, send a vbcritical message to the user, or better (I don't like this messages) put a message into an state window.

Now:

for each c in vbP
if c=0 or c=1 then
- sendkey Ctrl+P ' Print
if c=1 then
- sendkey SomeKey ' set portait
end if
- senkey Ctrl+L ' current page (in spanish environment)
endif
- sendkey Shift+PgDn ' Next mathcad page
end for

I don't know if sendkey works inside mathcad script or this must to be doing as an external windows script code.

I think that better than a mathcad component it is an external HTA file, where can provide menus to select the mathcad file to print and (sure) can use the sendkey code.

Regards. Alvaro.

Just a quick thought. Maybe you could write the first part of the worksheet. It would print portrait. Then the next part would reference the first part, and print landscape. The next part could reference the 2nd part, and print portrait?
Have not tried it...

Rich
http://www.downeastengineering.com/
Announcements

Top Tags