cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Click Button - Export values on click or similar (help wanted)

ptc-4255497
1-Newbie

Click Button - Export values on click or similar (help wanted)

Hi im writing my master thesis, and im almost done, as a last step i want my values to be exported to excel, and i know how to do this BUT.

My problem is that i want to repeat the calculation with different parametars, and after that upon the users will, the values will be exported.

In my case, i have done a automatic export of the values upon every recalculation and i want a button of some type that does this when clicked

The task: One button click to export all the matrixes.

Ofc the script will be later integrated into my orginal script and Matrix A to E will be different and present different load-cases and stages.

Also if you cant help me, you might want to take a look into the strings I have created that first calculates how many rows in excel that have been used and print the data after that row, so you can collect samples for different input-data, into same file without having to change the write function manually.

Im also aware that i could do a for loop to make the script shorter, i will do later. Im asking about the button
I have checked scripts recommended for using buttons to export data to txt. but they didnt work in mathcad 15.

If you can, i want the button to be double clicked to activate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4255497)

See here: Extra Components and Controls

There is a button that can be used to control the execution of code. This can be anything, including file writes (writing files on demand was in fact the reason I wrote it!).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Never mind, I made this solution, and it works pretty good

For the one who is intrested take a look at it.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

See here: Extra Components and Controls

There is a button that can be used to control the execution of code. This can be anything, including file writes (writing files on demand was in fact the reason I wrote it!).

I have looked at the file you sent before making this thread, sadly your example didnt work on my computer but i know it worked for others. Thats why I posted the question. It might be that the student version im using is limited or something like that. Have no clue. But i made an alternative solution, less pretty than yours but it will do thanks for the post

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The student version has the same functionallity as the full version. Can you post the worksheet where it doesn't work?

I used the same mathcad file you linked tried to make it work from there, and also to cut just the script and try it on a new worksheet. I know others who made it work. I have worked around this with a normal function instead of button. Thanks for your efforts

Top Tags