cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Collab gone zombie

ptc-1368288
1-Newbie

Collab gone zombie

7 REPLIES 7

On 8/9/2009 10:58:18 PM, jmG wrote:
== Collab gone zombie

What did vous do to it?

On 8/9/2009 11:11:02 PM, stuartafbruff wrote:
>On 8/9/2009 10:58:18 PM, jmG wrote:
==
>Collab gone zombie

What did vous do to it ?

So zombie my dear, that you replied before I posted it !

Jean

I can archive old messages if you think it will help. I am also investigating updating the software, but I don't know what that will do to the current messages.

Mona
Collab Admin
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:mzeftel)

On 8/10/2009 1:44:04 PM, MonaZ wrote:
>I can archive old messages if you think it will help.

Mona,

I still refer to some quite old messages when looking to see if a problem or subject has been discussed, so I'd be reluctant to suggest archiving as a first point of call.

If it's any help to you, On some searchs, I get the error message given below - in this case I simply typed my surname in. Searching on jmg, Tom or Mathcad also produces this error, searching on worksheet didn't and returned 5050 messages. Is it possible that the error is produced when the number of 'found' messages exceeds some value? (duration of search doesn't seem to directly implicated (eg, a time-out) as some searches fail pretty quickly (eg, Tom but not Gutman)).

Another hypothesis is, as Tom mentioned earlier, that the indices may need re-building. I first noticed the problem after Somebody had deleted a large number of messages, quite a few of which previously linked to messages from Tom and I.

Stuart

Error in WebBoard
An internal error has occurred in WebBoard.
08/10/2009 14:02:43 (MATH009) (Mathcad2000) Stuart Bruff (stuartafbruff) ERROR in DAO.Connection.WB_MsgSearch(): #3669: Execution cancelled.

Please note what you were doing when this problem occurred, so we can identify and correct it. Write down the Web page you were using, any data you may have entered into a form or search box, and anything else that may help us duplicate the problem. Then contact the administrator of this service:

Archiving does not mean offline archiving. Archived messages are still accessible, they just require a somewhat different search.

Archiving is not the first line attack here. A reorganization of the data base is what needs to be tried. Archiving may be also needed to reduce the size of the active data base to something more manageable, but, by itself, will not fix any corruption.

What happens to existing messages upon upgrades depends on what is provided by the vendor. Typically there is a procedure for retaining existing data. Depending on vendore choices it may be possible to just load the new version and just use the existing data base, or there may be a batch job that runs against the data base and modifies it for the new version, or one may need to do an offline backup of the data base and then load that backup into the new system.

Note that dumping and reloading the data base is also a common procedure for reorganizing a data base. Thus a good time to upgrade is when you are going to do that anyway.
(To:TomGutman)

Time to try an upgrade. Probably this is webboard version 1 or even before (in the help it says v 5 but on the other hand it says copyright 2001 and this board is from 2000 or was it late 1999), and they are at version 9 at the moment.

I have always missed an easy way to insert Mathcad stuff -like copy paste from Mathcad to the board and vice versa.

Steen Gro�e

The welcome page shows WebBoard 5.0.331 �2002 Akiva

TTFN,
Eden
Top Tags