cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Collapse / expand all areas

oguest
1-Newbie

Collapse / expand all areas

Hi, does anyone know of a way to collapse all areas in a document at the same time? I have a very large document with lots of areas in it. I have a need to open and then close them all depending what I’m working on and who I am showing it to. It takes a really long time to go through and click on all the + - signs. It would be great if there was an “collapse / expand all” shortcut or something…?

3 REPLIES 3
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:oguest)

I do not think this is possible.

I have a need to open and then close them all depending what I’m working on and who I am showing it to. It takes a really long time to go through and click on all the + - signs. It would be great if there was an “collapse / expand all” shortcut or something…?

Collapse / Expand all would not work for what you described. It sounds like you want to open certain areas based on certain criteria, which again cannot be done.

OK, thanks. I would be happy with the ability to open or close all. If there are one or two area that I need different, that is quickly fixed manually. But opening and closing 40+ areas is a pain

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:oguest)

I fully understand your pain. Without seeing the project it is very difficult to suggest workarounds.

Top Tags