cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Open a .xmcd document in Mathcad Prime 3.1

pcassady
1-Newbie

Open a .xmcd document in Mathcad Prime 3.1

I have received a .xmcd file and would like to open it in my new Mathcad Prime 3.1.  I do not have any other versions of Mathcad installed on my computer.

Thank you,

Philip Cassady

2 REPLIES 2
lturek
4-Participant
(To:pcassady)

Prime cannot read xmcd files directly. Prime can only read Prime format and can only write current Prime format.

So files in true Mathcad format have to be converted using the converter that come with Prime. But this converter needs that a current release of Mathcad 15 is installed on your computer (usability made by PTC). After conversion there is a small chance, that at least part of your converted sheet works OK in Prime. After all Prime is missing a lot of key features of Mathcad.

If its possible and you are allowed to do so you may post that worksheet here in the forum and ask for some friendly user to do the conversion for you.

LT

Hi Philip,

With built-in converter in Mathcad Prime (which called "PTC Mathcad Prime XMCD, MCD Converter") you can read the old file formats. Mathcad 15 must be installed and used in the process of conversion. At the same time on a single license file, you can work with both programs - Mathcad Prime and Mathcad 15. The latest service release for Prime - is Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000, and regular Mathcad - is Mathcad 15 M040, which can be found here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

Top Tags