cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ComboBox & Excel

DavidH2022
5-Regular Member

ComboBox & Excel

On the MCad15 version I used to use Combobox (Microsoft form component) linked to Excel to feed the control as database.

I have noticed that Prime 7 has its own Combobox with some limited input options and does not allow import MSforms as object.

Does anybody has any recommendation for this topic or it's something that could be included in new releases?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

@DavidH2022 wrote: DMVNow

On the MCad15 version I used to use Combobox (Microsoft form component) linked to Excel to feed the control as database.

I have noticed that Prime 7 has its own Combobox with some limited input options and does not allow import MSforms as object.

Does anybody has any recommendation for this topic or it's something that could be included in new releases?

Thanks in advance

A combo box combines a text box with a list box to create a drop-down list. You can add a Form Control or an ActiveX Control combo box. If you want to create a combo box that enables the user to edit the text in the text box, consider using the ActiveX Combo Box.

I'd suggest using the Exit event rather than the change event. That way you make sure that user is done typing OR selecting something.

Private Sub ComboBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
    'Your code here

End Sub
Top Tags