cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Conversion from .xmcd to .mcdx

PW_10314648
3-Visitor

Conversion from .xmcd to .mcdx

I'm looking for a way to convert this from .xmcd to .mcdx, but I can no longer download Mathcad 15. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mcdx is not mcdx! PTC changes the format (mostly without any need) from version to version and Prime files are not foreward compatible. A Prime7 file cannot be read by Prime 6, even if its very basic and does not use any new features  of Prime 7.

So if you want somebody to convert the file for you, you'll have to state which version of Prime you are using.

You should also be note that the current versions of Prime (most current is Prime 8 ) don't need a Mathcad 15 installation any more to do the conversion. They are self contained in this respect, but you'll have to activate the converter when you install Prime.

Find attached your file converted to Prime 6 (along with the xml file created by the converter - it not needed to use the worksheet).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mcdx is not mcdx! PTC changes the format (mostly without any need) from version to version and Prime files are not foreward compatible. A Prime7 file cannot be read by Prime 6, even if its very basic and does not use any new features  of Prime 7.

So if you want somebody to convert the file for you, you'll have to state which version of Prime you are using.

You should also be note that the current versions of Prime (most current is Prime 8 ) don't need a Mathcad 15 installation any more to do the conversion. They are self contained in this respect, but you'll have to activate the converter when you install Prime.

Find attached your file converted to Prime 6 (along with the xml file created by the converter - it not needed to use the worksheet).

Thank you, I am currently Prime 8.0. Will that file work with my version?

@PW_10314648 wrote:

Thank you, I am currently Prime 8.0. Will that file work with my version?

Sure, file format is at least upward compatible (Prime 8 will read files from prior versions of Prime).
Why didn't you simply gave it a try?

If you are using the full version of P8 you could do the conversion yourself as the converter is built into this version and does not need Mathcad 15.

Top Tags