cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Conversion of binary numbers into hexadecimal numbers

Manfred_F
6-Contributor

Conversion of binary numbers into hexadecimal numbers

Related to this thread:

@Werner_E 
Hello Werner,

I am currently looking for a way to process hexadecimal numbers with Prime and unfortunately I have seen that there is nothing out of the box. Now I would like to save myself the work of developing my own functions and using your preliminary work. Can you post the file here (I'm currently working with Prime 7).
Thanks very much
---------------------------

Hallo Werner,

ich suche gerade nach einer Möglichkeit mit Prime hexadezimal-Zahlen zu verarbeiten und habe gesehen es gibt leider nichts out of the box. Nun würde ich mir gerne die Arbeit ersparen eigene Funktionen zu entwickeln und Deine Vorarbeit zu nutzen. Kannst Du die Datei hier posten (ich arbeite aktuell mit Prime 7).

Vielen Dank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Manfred_F
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Seems I was not patient enough to wait for replies and I created my own version (Prime 7). The attached file does not only contain conversion functions but also logic functions like AND,OR,XOR,NOR and SHIFT and a bitfield extract and set function. The intention is to manipulate and interpret register settings of microcontrollers or other integrated circuits. Nevertheless thanks for helping and I learned some new concepts with your implementations.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hallo

Capture.JPG

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Manfred_F)

The attached Prime file contains a number of functions to convert radix (between binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal, or an arbitrary radix in the range 2 to 16).

Some examples are provided.

Success!
Luc

@Manfred_F wrote:

@Werner_E 
Hello Werner,

I am currently looking for a way to process hexadecimal numbers with Prime and unfortunately I have seen that there is nothing out of the box. Now I would like to save myself the work of developing my own functions and using your preliminary work. Can you post the file here (I'm currently working with Prime 7).
Thanks very much
---------------------------

Hallo Werner,

ich suche gerade nach einer Möglichkeit mit Prime hexadezimal-Zahlen zu verarbeiten und habe gesehen es gibt leider nichts out of the box. Nun würde ich mir gerne die Arbeit ersparen eigene Funktionen zu entwickeln und Deine Vorarbeit zu nutzen. Kannst Du die Datei hier posten (ich arbeite aktuell mit Prime 7).

Vielen Dank

I am not sure which file or which thread you are referring to?

But maybe the files posted by Terry and Luc are already what you are looking for.

EDIT: I just noticed that you replied to a post of mine  in this thread https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Umrechnung-von-Dualzahlen-in-Hexadezimalzahlen/m-p/620705/highlight/true#M186669

An eager moderator felt he needed to fork your  reply to this older thread and create a new one. Unfortunately, this was done without referencing the old thread and thus the reference to the post to which you had referred was lost.
EDIT 2: After informing mod about this, the remark "Related to this thread:" was added at the top of the first posting here.

Attached is the file mentioned in the other thread, converted to Prime 6 format so it should open fine with newer Prime versions.

Manfred_F
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Seems I was not patient enough to wait for replies and I created my own version (Prime 7). The attached file does not only contain conversion functions but also logic functions like AND,OR,XOR,NOR and SHIFT and a bitfield extract and set function. The intention is to manipulate and interpret register settings of microcontrollers or other integrated circuits. Nevertheless thanks for helping and I learned some new concepts with your implementations.

Top Tags