cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Conversion of old mcd files to Math cad Prime 6.0

Teddy
11-Garnet

Conversion of old mcd files to Math cad Prime 6.0

Can anyone convert these files for me to mathcad priem 6.0? I'm having a hard time finding a conversion application to see these old mcd files.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:Teddy)

Hi

Converted. I have not opened and looked at them at all.

Hope they converted ok.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ppal
17-Peridot

Hi

Converted. I have not opened and looked at them at all.

Hope they converted ok.

Teddy
11-Garnet
(To:ppal)

Do you mind if I ask what software or application did you use to convert these files? I have 80 files to convert, so I will not bother other people on my behalf.

Thank you.

ppal
17-Peridot

Hi

the converter is in Prime 6 itself. Input/Output Tab

ppal_0-1645666583984.png

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi Teddy,

Write me a private message and I will help with the conversion of absolutely all files.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@Teddy wrote:

Do you mind if I ask what software or application did you use to convert these files? I have 80 files to convert, so I will not bother other people on my behalf.

Thank you.

If you have Prime 7 this should be no problem as P7 is selfcontained with a converter.

Prime 6 and below have conversion ability, too (as can be seen in the pic ppal posted) but to be able to use it you have to install the full version of good old Mathcad 15. The license file you use for Prime 6 will also enable you to use MC15.
If you use the trial or Express version of P6 you have to hurry because MC15 will run in trial mode for about one month and after that refuses to start.

An additional problem is that PTC has stopped providing Mathcad 15 with the beginning of this year. But you can find it still at many places an the net if you search around a little bit.
Rumor has it that  even its not offered officially by PTC anymore, you still can download it from them (not sure how long, though, so be quick!) here:

http://download.ptc.com/products/mathcad/trial/mc15/Mathcad15_EN.zip
You may guess what to change the "EN" at the end for to get a version in your language if its not English.

Good luck!

Top Tags