cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Convert mathcad 3.0 to 2.0?

ptc-5258691
1-Newbie

Convert mathcad 3.0 to 2.0?

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to convert a mathcad prime 3.0 file to 2.0? Because when i try, i can't open a 3.0 file in Mathcad 2.0.

And if not. Do you think PTC will fix the problem and make it possible to open 3.0 files in v2.0?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Nicklas - welcome to PTC Community!

I've moved this discussion to our community, where I'm sure one of our community members can point you in the right direction

Ryan Kelley wrote:

I've moved this discussion to our Mathcad community, where I'm sure one of our community members can point you in the right direction

An here

http://communities.ptc.com/polls/1401

too

Ryan Kelley wrote:

Hi Nicklas - welcome to PTC Community!

I've moved this discussion to our Mathcad community, where I'm sure one of our community members can point you in the right direction

Hmm - and the right direction is ...?

"If you want that kind of compatibility which normally could be taken for granted, keep away from PTC software." ??

How fast can you type?

PTC has been notoriously delinquent in file transfer, the message is, "Buy the new version!"

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5258691)

I am surprised at PTC's (Ryan Kelly) answer. He seems to think that someone in the MathCAD community has an answer to the conversion from Prime 3.0 to Prime 2.0. It cannot be done. PTC should either know their software better or give the correct answer.

Mea culpa David, after reading Nicklas' original request I was hoping someone may have found a workaround or a way to covert on his behalf, fully realizing what he was looking was a measure of forward compatibility.

Top Tags