cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Converting MCD files to mathcad express

ptc-6387321
1-Newbie

Converting MCD files to mathcad express

Started a new job this week and installed mathcad express onto my computer this morning.

My question is: how do I convert all of my old ".mcd" engineering worksheets into a format that this newer mathcad version will recognize?

Thanks for your time,

JT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6387321)

JT Mayer wrote:

Started a new job this week and installed mathcad express onto my computer this morning.

My question is: how do I convert all of my old ".mcd" engineering worksheets into a format that this newer mathcad version will recognize?

Thanks for your time,

JT

In all honesty, I wouldn't bother. I would get your new employer to get a licensed version of M15.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JT Mayer wrote:

Thanks for your time,

JT

You need a full installation of Mathcad 15 to be able to use the converter.

As you are using the free Express Version of Prime you seem to have no license (purchasing Prime entitles you to use Mathcad 15 as well).

You can download the 30-day evaluation version of Mathcad 15 but be aware that it will stop working at all after the trial period while Prime falls back to the crippled Express mode without symbolics, without programming, etc.

You shuld also be aware that most old worksheets won't work painless after conversion or will not work at all unless they contain only very basic features. The reason is that Prime is mediocre compared with real Mathcad and Prime is in its version 3 still missing a lot of feature Mathcad 15 and below.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6387321)

JT Mayer wrote:

Thanks for your time,

JT

In all honesty, I wouldn't bother. I would get your new employer to get a licensed version of M15.

Thanks dude ... perfect solution.

Top Tags