cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Converting Mathcad 6 to Prime 7.0

MS_Short
2-Guest

Converting Mathcad 6 to Prime 7.0

How to convert Mathcad 6.0 to Prime 7.0? I have a few older Mathcad files that needed to be converted over to Prime, files dated back from 1996.

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MS_Short)

My understanding is you need to get them up to MathCAD 15 before they can be opened in MathCAD Prime.

How do you get them up to Mathcad 15?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Using Prime 7's converter, they should convert from Mathcad 6 to Prime 7 without problem. If not, let us know.

Success!
Luc

It says "no license" in the in status column when I try to convert.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You can only convert if you have a (fully) licensed Prime installed.

Do you have that?

And did you install the converter when you installed Prime? (Installing the converter is an option you have to tick during installation. For obscure reasons it's default is to not install the converter)

Or are you running Prime Express?

Success!
Luc

Running Prime Express.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Then you should either:

- Get (=buy) a license for Prime, or,

- Attach your Mathcad files and ask if someone here can convert them to Prime (7).

Success!
Luc

You can attach a Zip archive with your Mathcad files here and we will convert them for you.

The converter can go a lot more back than Mathcad 15 files.

As far back as Mathcad 6? That I don't know. That's pretty far, but maybe it's possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDZxenznS20

The title says "Mathcad 15" but it applies to other legacy worksheets too. Upon installation of Prime 7, you had the option to install a legacy worksheet converter. If you checked that, you should be able to follow the steps in the video. If you didn't check it, you should go through the installation wizard again.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Do you have a lot of worksheets from legacy versions of PTC Mathcad, like Mathcad 15 (.mcd/.xmcd files), and need to convert them into PTC Mathcad Prime worksheets (.mcdx files)? This video shows you how to convert your files, including in batches, using Mathcad Prime's converter tool, and ...
Top Tags