cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Converting mathcad 15 worksheet

JB_10220769
7-Bedrock

Converting mathcad 15 worksheet

I’m currently working on a Mathcad worksheet that wasn’t originally designed by me. I need to convert this file to Mathcad Prime, but I’ve encountered some issues after the conversion. These problems are affecting the functionality  of the worksheet, and I’m not entirely sure how to resolve them. Has anyone else faced similar challenges? If you have any tips, advice, or solutions, I’d greatly appreciate your help. 

4 REPLIES 4

The original sheet has no data?

Capture.JPG

Only Prime 10.0 has scriptable components and they will likely have to be redited.

Cheers

Terry

The Mathcad 15 sheet is not working OK because the variable names in the script(s) do not match the variable names used in Mathcad.

I changed a few occurrences of "T2A" to "Table2A", etc. and this made the MC15 sheet work OK.

The converted sheet still fails in Prime - no surprise (after all its just Prime and not Mathcad). Especially scripted components need a lot of rework after conversion.

I attach the fixed MX15 sheet together with Prime's poor conversion attempt

Any suggestions how can this be fixed in Mathcad Prime? 

@JB_10220769 wrote:

Any suggestions how can this be fixed in Mathcad Prime? 

Not really. Haven't looked in detail into the scripts and why they fail in Prime.

You will have to look at the scripts in detail, find out what the originator of the sheet had in mind what they should achieve and then try to redo them with Primes limited abilities.

Main problem seems to be that Prime won't allow a scripted component to be assigned to a Prime function. In Mathcad this was possible by providing the function arguments also as component inputs, but in Prime doing so throws an error.
I don't know if its possible at all to use a scripted component as a function in Prime. I am not sure but I fear that turning a scripted component into a Prime function may not be possible at because Prime being too limited.

It was a bit strange to see that you tried to convert a sheet which failed already in Mathcad 15. Now at least the converted Prime sheet stems from a working Mathcad sheet - thats all I could do.

Top Tags