cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Copy a field-vector into excel, or transform to a matrix

ArneClaußen
1-Newbie

Copy a field-vector into excel, or transform to a matrix

Hey Guys,

I've got a field vector (i dont know if it's the right english term.. the one which i get when i type in 100,150..2000 for example)

And i have to export it to excel, but when i use an excel component Mathcad only copies the last value (2000 in this example)

So my question is, if there is an quick&easy way to:

copy the whole "field-vector" to excel (without marking the values manually)

or to transform the field-vector in a "normal matrix/vector".

Greetings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Take a look at the problem in the document for Mathcad 15. There is a difference between a matrix created using "Range variable" and without it. The document also shows the ability to create files ".xlsx", containing the results of the calculations.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello!

Could you upload your worksheet?

Of course, here you are!

Take a look at the problem in the document for Mathcad 15. There is a difference between a matrix created using "Range variable" and without it. The document also shows the ability to create files ".xlsx", containing the results of the calculations.

Ok, thanks alot.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ArneClaußen)

Are you using Mathcad 15 & Office 2007?

Mike

No, Mathcad 14 and Office 2003.

But the example file from Vladimir works fine.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ArneClaußen)

No, Mathcad 14 and Office 2003.

But the example file from Vladimir works fine.

Ok, if your happy with that example I will leave it there. I was going to pass a few examples of exchanging data between Mathcad and Excel using scripted components, as I have collated a large collection over the years.

On another note have a look at the attached. I have changed your range variable to a vector using a pre-defined function (vec) in the collapsed area. It's good practice to keep away from range variables for later use (Well in my opinion anyway).

Mike

Top Tags