cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Copying Mathcad Prime equation into Word or Powerpoint equation, and vice versa

PEAH
8-Gravel

Copying Mathcad Prime equation into Word or Powerpoint equation, and vice versa

Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a way to paste a Mathcad Prime equation into an native equation in Microsoft Word or Powerpoint? And also the other way around, from Powerpoint into Mathcad Prime?

PEAH_0-1724829743922.png

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:PEAH)

@PEAH wrote:

Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a way to paste a Mathcad Prime equation into an native equation in Microsoft Word or Powerpoint? And also the other way around, from Powerpoint into Mathcad Prime?

I fear, no, as neither software provides an import/export facility for the proprietary equation format of the other, nor does Prime in any way support the export in any open equation format.

If you copy a math expression (not the full region) like

Werner_E_0-1724834139625.png

from Prime to a text editor, you will see this

(:= (@FUNCTION (@LABEL VARIABLE f) (@ARGS (@LABEL VARIABLE x))) (/ (+ (^ x 2) (@APPLY sin (@ARGS x))) (@APPLY ln (@ARGS x))))

The equation editor of M$ Office can't handle this.

PEAH
8-Gravel
(To:Werner_E)

Hi Werner

Thanks for your reply. Just because Microsoft's equation can export as MathML. And Mathcad Prime sheets are saved as set of XML files. But you are probably right that there is no straightfoward solution. 

PEAH_0-1724915926873.png

Hello PEAH,

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Before opening up a text editor, you could try pasting the copied expression into Mathcad Prime's Find box (ctrl-f).  This also converts at least some expressions, including the one you gave above.

Find Box: (:= (@FUNCTION (@LABEL VARIABLE f) (@ARGS (@LABEL VARIABLE x))) (/ (+ (^ x 2) (@APPLY sin (@ARGS x))) (@APPLY ln (@ARGS x))))

Text Ed : (:= (@FUNCTION (@LABEL VARIABLE f) (@ARGS (@LABEL VARIABLE x))) (/ (+ (^ x 2) (@APPLY sin (@ARGS x))) (@APPLY ln (@ARGS x))))

Stuart

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:PEAH)

Take (:= (@FUNCTION (@LABEL VARIABLE f) (@ARGS (@LABEL VARIABLE x))) (/ (+ (^ x 2) (@APPLY sin (@ARGS x))) (@APPLY ln (@ARGS x)))) and ask CHAT GPT to convert to LaTex. Then use equation function in word.  Follow https://youtu.be/QK5extaCbaI?si=J2nL1LEeF_27KRde

Probably ok for small batches. 

Did I solve your problem in less than 1 minute? Then please help me out 🙌😊by subscribing to the channel and liking the video. A lot of people are saying that they don't use Word, because the equation editor is too time consuming. But guess what, since a few years now, Word offers a LaTex editor...
PEAH
8-Gravel
(To:ppal)

Hi ppal, thanks, that's a good suggestion.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:ppal)

Interesting.

chatGPT request: convert (:= (@FUNCTION (@LABEL VARIABLE f) (@ARGS (@LABEL VARIABLE x))) (/ (+ (^ x 2) (@APPLY sin (@ARGS x))) (@APPLY ln (@ARGS x)))) to LaTex

result:

\begin{equation}
f(x) := \frac{(x^2 + \sin(x))}{\ln(x)}
\end{equation}

Putting this into a LaTec editor/renderer (QuickLATEc in this case) gives:

2024 10 01 A.png

Stuart

Have a guess how long ago (and how often) I requested Mathcad be able to save as LaTec🙂

Hint: Prime wasn't even a gleam in its daddy's eye.

Mention of LaTec is embedded somewhere in the link below, which is a cut-down version of my M11 feature request list (now lost in cyberspace, like tears in rain).

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/40-minor-bugs-glitches-and-suggestions-for-Mathcad-Prime/m-p/347262/highlight/true#M135732

Announcements

Top Tags