cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Create function array

ptc-4254605
1-Newbie

Create function array

I am trying to create a MathCad sheet to, as elegantly as possible, graph the titration curve of a n-protic acid versus an m-protic base, as an intellectual exercise I've always wanted to do and to explore MathCad's possibilities.

I have two series terms in my final equation. The series are not infinite. They are equal to the number of protons donated or accepted.

I have two arrays where I store the required number of functions, so I only have to have one solution and graph. To get a different graph, I only have to update ionization constants, the number of protons donated or accepted, and the function arrays.

But MathCad won't take my array of functions as functions. Clearly they are just constants. I can't find anything in the manual about this.

I suspect I'm trying to do something MathCad just won't do, and I have to do it another way, but I thought I'd ask here and make sure.

File attached as MathCad 14 file.

Jeff Corkern

--------------------------------------------------

Consider the following as a statement of logic, and rank it as "True" or "False":

"If people possess immortal souls, it should be possible to logically deduce this by objective analysis of their actions."

http://www.theninepointfivetheses.blogspot.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you mean something like the attached?

Alan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Do you mean something like the attached?

Alan

Yup, that's it.

The curve shape didn't look right, but pH=14 turns out to be too far. Stop pH at 13, and the titration curve pops right up.

Thanks for your help. I beat and banged on that for a while.

Jeff Corkern

--------------------------------------------------

Consider the following as a statement of logic, and rank it as "True" or "False":

"If people possess immortal souls, it should be possible to logically deduce this by objective analysis of their actions."

http://www.theninepointfivetheses.blogspot.com

Top Tags