cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Custom units in Mathcad Prime 6.0

nitrox7
4-Participant

Custom units in Mathcad Prime 6.0

Hi folks,

I'm trying to define custom units in Mathcad Prime 6.0, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to. I define the unit as a variable and then try to change the label to "Unit", but Mathcad doesn't keep the change. 

I used to do this in previous versions within a nanosecond, now it doesn't seem to be working, so I'm wondering if this is a bug in the software or I'm missing something...

Anyway, just putting it out there to see if anyone has faced this issue with Prime 6.0.

Thank you!

J.

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:nitrox7)

Please post the worksheet...

nitrox7
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Hi there,

Here's a file with a few examples. I cannot get the label to change from "variable" to "unit" no matter how hard I try.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you!

Not clear what exactly you tried.

You have to label the new unit as unit when you define it, nor only when you use it.

I attach the file with the "variables" changed correctly to units.

nitrox7
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you for your input.

It looks like there is something messed up with my Mathcad Prime. If I use the file you attached, just like you, I can change the label from "variable" to "unit". However, if I open, say, a new worksheet and try to define the custom unit, it doesn't let me change the label for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for your help!!

Regards,

J.

@nitrox7 wrote:

Thank you for your input.

It looks like there is something messed up with my Mathcad Prime. If I use the file you attached, just like you, I can change the label from "variable" to "unit". However, if I open, say, a new worksheet and try to define the custom unit, it doesn't let me change the label for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for your help!!

Regards,

J.

Thats strange!

Even if the advice is trite and cheap -  I would consider a new re-installation of Prime.

Lables.png

Top Tags