cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

DJM
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

DJM

After calculating a long series of values in MathCAD, it would be convient to summarize the results in a table as shown below:

Axial Max Shear Max

Case I

Case II

etc.

How do you generate a summary table of the calculated values? The finished product should look like a table generated in Excel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:DJM)

Have a look at the attached simple example.

Let me know if your having trouble with it.

Mike

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

This can be done in Mathcad, but the tables don't look ascetically pleasing.

I tend to embed an Excel component into my Mathcad sheet and pass the variables to it.

Mike

Thanks for your reply. How do you display only the results of a series of calculations into the Excel spreadsheet (table?) ? I've only been using MathCAD for able a week.

Example:

Calculated Pressures

P1 = 2.5

P2 = 9.0

P3 = 7.2

Record # Pressure

P1 2.5

P2 9.0

P3 7.2

Thanks Again

DJM

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have a look at the attached simple example.

Let me know if your having trouble with it.

Mike

Thanks for your help. I'll work with the second example.

DJM

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

If your like me and like to summarise your results in a table above the analysis. There is a scripted Excel component which will do exactly that. It collates the results and display above the analysis.

Once your happy with the embeeded Excel example and feel the need for the scripted component I'll post an example.

Mike

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Dennis Moeller wrote:

After calculating a long series of values in MathCAD, it would be convient to summarize the results in a table as shown below:

Axial Max Shear Max

Case I

Case II

etc.

How do you generate a summary table of the calculated values? The finished product should look like a table generated in Excel.

Do you mean something like the attached, Dennis?

Mike's right though, that it looks a lot better in Excel ... can't remember what Prime will allow.

Stuart

WOW! Thanks for your reply. I have only been using MathCAD for about a week and your WAY beyond me. The resulting matrix would consolidate the results in an orderly manner but I was hoping for a simplier solution.

Thanks Again,

DJM

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have only been using MathCAD for about a week and your WAY beyond me.

Stuart's examples are usually superb and always worth keeping hold of.

Have a look at the attached a very simple example which might help get you started.

Mike

Top Tags