cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Date calculations

MySchizoBuddy
1-Newbie

Date calculations

Does Mathcad recognize dates like 12/12/2010. Is there a special format for dates or i just use year:=2010 month:=12 day:=12.

And i say that add 34 days to that date above whats the new date?

Or for 12/12/2010 how many number of days has passed since start of the year. Answer is 346.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Worksheet saved from old collab which has multiple functions in relation to dates.

Mike

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

There have been two sheets that I've seen to address dates. Both are attached, both use strange and not documented features that may or may not work anymore.

Luck!

Alternative attached, originally posted by Stuart.

Mike

Worksheet saved from old collab which has multiple functions in relation to dates.

Mike

thank you Sir

Is there an updated Astronomical Formulas Electronic Workbook. that existed for mathcad 2001.

Is there an updated Astronomical Formulas Electronic Workbook. that existed for mathcad 2001.

Not to sure to be honest.

Have you managed to modify the worksheets to achieve your original request?

Mike

yes i'm studying this file. It has some symbols like the left arrow that i'm not familiar with. Will look up in the mathcad documentation.

The left arrow is a "Local Definition" and can be found in the Programming toolbar. It is used to define variables only within the scope of that program.

Have a look at the attached image.

Mike

I just uploaded the Astronomical Formulas E-book, but it has not been updated since Mathcad 2000i.

It's under Aerospace Engineering, or search for Astronomical Formulas.

Mona

See the document I just posted here:

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1395

Some of you may be wondering why I put the document in my own documents section, as opposed to simply attaching it to this post. Well, one aspect of this forum that is better than the Collaboratory is that useful documents can be posted in a location where it's actually easy to find them again! So I am trying to adopt a policy whereby if I think a document is generally useful then I will post it in my own documents section, and then provide a link to it. That way, the next time the subject comes up I don't have to spend a lot of time searching for the thread where I last uploaded it (as was the case with the Collaboratory)! It also means that if I update a document it is updated for all the threads that point to it, not just the last thread.

Note that I just updated the worksheet.

Message was edited by: Richard Jackson

Announcements

Top Tags