cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Disappearance of graph symbols in Mathcad 15

dabber
1-Newbie

Disappearance of graph symbols in Mathcad 15

I've been using Mathcad 15 extensively for about a year now and a few days ago all of a sudden I couldn't put symbols on my 2d graphs. The existing graphs weren't affected but if I changed an existing graph with symbols on it I couldn't get the symbols back.

Has anybody else seen this and if so what did you do about it? I haven't checked out 3D graphs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for letting me know. Whom can I contact to add my voice to the plaintive hoards crying out for a rapid response to a simple yet significant functional deficiency?

Regarding the image, I thought I used the camera icon but I will try it again. I am have trouble with this reply system though. I have gotten an error message when I clicked the "add reply" button. It could be our internet connection.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dabber)

It sounds to me like your Mathcad installation is corrupted. Try repairing it.

I tried that. When I found the problem I figured that it was a good time to upgrade from M005 to M010 When I did that the problem was still there. However, I have done a little more research on this and have found that if you switch the x-axis limits the symbols disappear. I would like to show you this but I can't load images using this discussion. When I try to load an image (approximately 6K) I get "ID is null or not an object"

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dabber)

and have found that if you switch the x-axis limits the symbols disappear. I would like to show you this but I can't load images using this discussion.

No need. It's a known bug. It was first reported back in March 2008. We are still waiting. They also disappear if you reverse the y-axis.

When I try to load an image (approximately 6K) I get "ID is null or not an object"

How are you inserting it? When you are in the editor click on the camera icon (about in the middle of the toolbar). Then you can choose an image to insert:

ugly face.gif

Thanks for letting me know. Whom can I contact to add my voice to the plaintive hoards crying out for a rapid response to a simple yet significant functional deficiency?

Regarding the image, I thought I used the camera icon but I will try it again. I am have trouble with this reply system though. I have gotten an error message when I clicked the "add reply" button. It could be our internet connection.

Top Tags