cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Does Prime 3.0 have an ability to set text styles?

bmaxfield
1-Newbie

Does Prime 3.0 have an ability to set text styles?

I have been looking for an ability to set an name text styles in Prime 3.0 Alpha. I can't find it. I can't believe that I can create a template, but not be able to set up different text styles within the template.

Do any of you find this very frustrating?

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:bmaxfield)

You can't find it because it's not there. I agree, it's limiting. You can't set any defaults for a 2D plot either. Or even the exponential threshold.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:bmaxfield)

Richard is correct this cannot be done. However, you can change the text font and set the Math fonts and save a template, which isn't the best workaround, but it's more than we had available in Prime 2.0.

We are creeping there, but very very slowly.

Mike

A possible workaround follows from what Mike posted. One can create a doc with separate text boxes with content of, say, "Chapter Head", "Column Head", "Heading ...", "Normal", "Section Title", and so on..., and format them accordingly, Then, for consistency and faster setup, one could simply copy the appropriate text, which brings along its formatting, insert it where desired, and change the text. Not nearly as useful as styles, nor as fast, but potentially faster than changing the style of some text in the doc, especially if there are many changes to the style.

I also wish that we had a few more math style options, though I do appreciate those that we have.

I do think that this is the first version that I will consider using on a regular basis, and see how far I get.

~R~

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Ninetrees)

Rich Messeder wrote:

A possible workaround follows from what Mike posted. One can create a doc with separate text boxes with content of, say, "Chapter Head", "Column Head", "Heading ...", "Normal", "Section Title", and so on..., and format them accordingly, Then, for consistency and faster setup, one could simply copy the appropriate text, which brings along its formatting, insert it where desired, and change the text. Not nearly as useful as styles, nor as fast, but potentially faster than changing the style of some text in the doc, especially if there are many changes to the style.

Good idea Rich

I do think that this is the first version that I will consider using on a regular basis, and see how far I get.

~R~

I tend to agree with this. Prime is getting very close to the level of M15.

Mike

Top Tags