cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Double help window bug in MC15M030?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Double help window bug in MC15M030?

Can anybody confirm this behaviour.

Working with Mathcad 15 M030, when I type F1, two Mathcad help windows open up! This sure wasn't the case in prior releases, but I cannot say when this strange behaviour was introduced.

Chosing help from the menu only opens one window as it should be.

13 REPLIES 13

Yes, indeed it is in M030.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

What OS are you on?

I am on Windows 7 and using M30 and only get one window.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

What OS are you on?

I am on Windows 7 and using M30 and only get one window.

Win7 and WinXP.

Maybe it has something to do that I am using a localized (German) version? Even as I have set it to use English math and menu language (and help as well) there may be a difference. I guess Vladimir is also using a localized (Russian) version.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Yes could be.

Does the same happen with the F5 and F6 shortcuts?

Does the same happen with the F5 and F6 shortcuts?

Open / Save worksheet? No. All OK with that. No matter if F5/F6 or Ctrl-O / Ctrl-S (as I am used to).

For a long time I didn't realize whats going on and thought, I had inadvertedly pressed F1 twice. I took quite some time until I noticed that it happened every time I look up something in the help.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Very strange. I take it that behavior is only consistent in Mathcad?

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Very strange. I take it that behavior is only consistent in Mathcad?

Yes, at least I didn't notice anything strange in that respect elsewhere.

At the time its not annoying enough to try a reinstall of MC15, though.

I just wanted to know if others experience the effect, too. And As Vladimir seems to do I guess a reinstall would not cure the problem.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I just wanted to know if others experience the effect, too. And As Vladimir seems to do I guess a reinstall would not cure the problem.

Somehting you will have to live with then I'm afraid .

Somehting you will have to live with then I'm afraid .

Yes, and I guess I have to see it positively - I get twice as much help from PTC as some others like you 😉

Win7 and Russian localized version of M030. The same bug occurs even if I switch to English language and restart M030.

VladimirN. wrote:

Win7 and Russian localized version of M030. The same bug occurs even if I switch to English language and restart M030.

The same here, I also tried that.

It may have to do nothing with the language. After all we just have three polls so far, two are experiencing that failure and happen to use localized versions.

What languages ​​are available in your preferences?

Pic_1.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

English only.

Top Tags