cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Down convert Mathcad Prime 3.0 file to Prime 2.0

ptc-6148084
1-Newbie

Down convert Mathcad Prime 3.0 file to Prime 2.0

Is it possible to downconvert a Mathcad Prime 3.0 file to Prime 2.0?

I have Prime 2.0 at work, but at home I downloaded the free Mathcad Express + 30 day trial. The version I have at home is Prime 3.0. Every once in a while I come up with an idea at home but don't have my work computer with me. I'd like to be able to e-mail the file to myself and use it at work. However, when I attempted that today I couldn't open the file at work using Prime 2.0.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Any ideas?

Other than upgrading the version used at work? Yes, downgrade your homeversion. Try to get the installation version of the Prime 2 you use at work, deinstall P3 and install P2. It will fall back to Express, too, if you provide no valid license file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6148084)

Is it possible to downconvert a Mathcad Prime 3.0 file to Prime 2.0?

No.

Any ideas?

Complain to PTC. It probably won't get you a solution, but it might make you feel better

Any ideas?

Other than upgrading the version used at work? Yes, downgrade your homeversion. Try to get the installation version of the Prime 2 you use at work, deinstall P3 and install P2. It will fall back to Express, too, if you provide no valid license file.

Thanks Werner. I'm sure that'll work. Not exactly elegant, but at this point I'm simply going for practical.

Top Tags