cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Download Mathcad .xmcd files from Windchill

LawrenceS
18-Opal

Download Mathcad .xmcd files from Windchill

Does anyone know how to download Mathcad (.xmcd) files from Windchill using Chrome/Edge so that they can be opened in Mathcad?

In Windchill, when I try to download a .xmcd file in a modern browser (Chrome, Edge) it automatically opens it in the browser in XML with the following error message displayed at the top:

• "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

The workaround right now is just to use IE, however with IE going out of fashion we need it to work in modern browsers such as Edge and Chrome.  

Thanks, Lawrence

-------------------------------

I started a new thread because the only other related one I found is about 9 years old:

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
6 REPLIES 6

@VladimirN, thank you for the reference.  I have read it a few times, but do not yet see how it relates to the problem we are experiencing.  I have delayed my reply as I am not sure how to answer or ask again, but here we go:

We cannot download the Mathcad file except using IE.  This sounds like a different issue than they were having.  Or are you saying that it is not opening correctly because we are not checking-in correctly?  To me it seems that regardless of file type that I check-in to WC, I should be able to download it using any modern browser and not have to rely on the good by dying IE.

wrote:

Does anyone know how to download Mathcad (.xmcd) files from Windchill using Chrome/Edge so that they can be opened in Mathcad?

In Windchill, when I try to download a .xmcd file in a modern browser (Chrome, Edge) it automatically opens it in the browser in XML with the following error message displayed at the top:

• "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

The workaround right now is just to use IE, however with IE going out of fashion we need it to work in modern browsers such as Edge and Chrome.  

Thanks, Lawrence

-------------------------------

I started a new thread because the only other related one I found is about 9 years old:

We cannot download the Mathcad file except using IE. This sounds like a different issue than they were having. Or are you saying that it is not opening correctly because we are not checking-in correctly? To me it seems that regardless of file type that I check-in to WC, I should be able to download it using any modern browser and not have to rely on the good by dying IE.

Does anyone else know how to force download a MathCAD file from WC without it auto-open in a modern browser?

@KS_10310026, Can you elaborate?

I am not actually having trouble converting them as that is working once I am able to download the file.  The issue is downloading them from Windchill/PDMLink.

Top Tags