cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Error Message: File type is not supported.

JL_10613686
3-Visitor

Error Message: File type is not supported.

Hello all,

I recently got an error message when I opened Mathcad file, attached below. Error message says

JL_10613686_0-1678225297994.png

Are there any means to resolve it? Thank you so much

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually the file is damaged. Happens quite often with Prime and Prime does not provide any means for automatic backups or for repairing damaged files.

Hope you can fall back to a recent backup.

EDIT: I was able to recover part of the file, but while most embedded pictures still were there, the Prime file had lost the references. For whatever it may be worth I attach the Prime file (without the pictures) and pictures themselves in the zip file "media".

Maybe someone else is able to do a better job in repairing the file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JL_10613686)

What version of MathCAD wrote that file?

What version of MathCAD are you using to open the file?

Mathcad Prime 7.0.0.0

Actually the file is damaged. Happens quite often with Prime and Prime does not provide any means for automatic backups or for repairing damaged files.

Hope you can fall back to a recent backup.

EDIT: I was able to recover part of the file, but while most embedded pictures still were there, the Prime file had lost the references. For whatever it may be worth I attach the Prime file (without the pictures) and pictures themselves in the zip file "media".

Maybe someone else is able to do a better job in repairing the file.

Thank you for your help

Top Tags