cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Error Plotting Interaction Moment Diagram of Circle Column Under Combined Axial Load-(Pu,Mu)

Leakchhayvat
8-Gravel

Error Plotting Interaction Moment Diagram of Circle Column Under Combined Axial Load-(Pu,Mu)

Dear Experts,
I would like to ask for some problems of my performing Mathcad Prime of creating Circle Column Under Combined Axial Load-(Pu,Mu). I can not plot the Interaction Moment diagram, I already tried to find the mistakes which could be made in the equation, but I still can not solve it by my own.
Since I am the beginner of using Mathcad Prime I really need help from all the professional users.
I would be really appreciated for your help.
PS: you can find the attached file below.
Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can't open your worksheet with my older version of Prime.

But guessing from the screenshot I think that a should have some kind of unit, its not supposed to be dimensionless, right?

If thats the case, you must define a range "a" before you try to plot.

Keep in mind that to define a range with units, you must provide the first, the second and the last value.

For example, if a is supposed to be a length running from 3ft to 100 ft with a stepwidth of 4ft, you have to define

Werner_E_0-1672203308020.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I can't open your worksheet with my older version of Prime.

But guessing from the screenshot I think that a should have some kind of unit, its not supposed to be dimensionless, right?

If thats the case, you must define a range "a" before you try to plot.

Keep in mind that to define a range with units, you must provide the first, the second and the last value.

For example, if a is supposed to be a length running from 3ft to 100 ft with a stepwidth of 4ft, you have to define

Werner_E_0-1672203308020.png

Thank you for your advices! I will try it.

Hi,

Problems stem back to this function earlier in the worksheet.

Capture.JPG

"a" is not present in the workings of the function?  Please check the function.

Here is the corrected equation

Capture.JPG

Change to range variable:

Capture2.JPG

Plot with units in the unit placeholder:

Capture3.JPG

Cheers

Terry

I can see the mistake!!! 
Appreciated for your correction!

Thank you!

Top Tags