cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Error in amthematical function

Ashutosh1
3-Visitor

Error in amthematical function

Hello all, whenever I try to solve this mathematical equation, it always gives me an error. 

I am pretty sure I am doing osmething wrong or not writing the equationj ina proper way, but until now havnt found out any solution to fix this problem. 

It will be very kind of your experts to kindly help me out in this small issue. 

The file is attached, in this file you will see "b_limit", which always shows an error for bing_bent, can anyone help me out to solve this please?

Best

Ashutosh Mukherjee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ashutosh1 wrote:

b.ent^2 is an area I agree so is b.limit^2 right?

so both can be added isn't it?

Yes, this would be a possible unit consistent formula and the result would be a length, too.

The attached sheet in P5 format should help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

b.ent is scalar, its unitless and you try to add a length (b.limit). This can't work as you can only add quantities of the same dimension.

Furthermore b.ent is just a range, not a vector as you might think.

What  exactly do you expect as result (and which unit do you think it should have?

Hello Werner,

It is really kind of you to help me out, I expect a range of b.img as a function of b.ent. 

b.limit being constant value calculated above. I would expect the units of b.ent in micrometers.

Further the results on second page with del omega i expect those reuslts as a function of b.ent and the units in reciprocal cms.

I would expect the units of b.ent in micrometers.

So b.ent^2 would be an area but b.limit is a length!

You can't add an area and a length!

@Ashutosh1 wrote:

Yes, this would be a possible unit consistent formula and the result would be a length, too.

The attached sheet in P5 format should help

This is absolutely cool, thank you so much. 

It is really nice for your kind time and help. 

The results are now very close the the experimental values exactly as I wanted.

Thanks again.

Top Tags