cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Exporting surface plot to Iges or 3D model.

ZohrabJanessian
1-Newbie

Exporting surface plot to Iges or 3D model.

Hello,

Im interested in exporting surface plots from Mathcad as 3d models such as iges, parasolid, or a step file. to open in Solidworks.

Anybody know it this is possible?

4 REPLIES 4

I can't think of any way to do this, even after searching the web for some additional tools that might help. If you figure it out please let me know though, because I could also use this capability.

Zohrab Janessian wrote:

Hello,

Im interested in exporting surface plots from Mathcad as 3d models such as iges, parasolid, or a step file. to open in Solidworks.

Your question is "multi-implicit/explicit"

1. SolidWorks is the American version of the M. Dassault CATIA

2. It should take *. prn, but the specific "Mathcad *.prn" ?

3. Could you plug a piece of code to models all and any like Mathcad "CreateMesh"

Answer: it should [consult your program expert] .

Zohrab Janessian wrote:

Hello,

CATIA (at least) has the ability to import a table of points via macros; we use that to input airfoil coordinates. By extrapolation, your surface could be transferred as a table of points--your surface would not be exactly the same since you're at the mercy of the fitting algorithm, but it would be close.

We have catia in our facility. But I am a Solidworks user myself. Can explain how I can import a table of points into Catia?

Thank you

Top Tags