cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Extraction of Transfer Function Coefficients/Transfer Function Determination

Cornel
18-Opal

Extraction of Transfer Function Coefficients/Transfer Function Determination

Hello Dear Friends,

I'm trying to do the following:

1) I have a transfer function in the z domain and I want to build a function in Mathcad to which if I give the respective transfer function in the z domain at the exit of this function to obtain the values ​​of the coefficients.

2) Having at my disposal the coefficients of the transfer function in the z domain, I would like to construct a function in Mathcad that would do the inverse of point 1, namely at the exit of this function to obtain a transfer function in the z domain, ie the function from point 1.

For example, the transfer function in the z domain has the degree of the numerator and the degree of the denominator equal to 3, as shown in the figure below (for simplicity).

CornelBejan_0-1613509515915.png

CornelBejan_1-1613509585490.png

How could this be achieved?

Attached is the Mathcad 15 file.

Thank you.
Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Cornel)

See if this helps:

LucMeekes_0-1613512913332.png

Success!

Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Cornel)

Hi,

In the files that I advised you to search, the Laplace transform and the z transform are used extensively for the design of digital filters. Search for "3) LOW PASS" but also "4) ...." and "5) ....."

-MFra-_0-1614013441209.png

Top Tags