cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to open document message.

ptc-2253982
1-Newbie

Failed to open document message.

Hi there, My Mathcad version is 11.2a, O/S is Win XP Pro. I am unable to open a batch of files in a particular folder. What I get is as below; What could be the cause for this? Are there any solutions? I hope someone will answer. Best regards, Lin
8 REPLIES 8
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2253982)

There is no way to know what the problem is without seeing one of the files. Go to the main Mathcad forum here: http://collab.mathsoft.com/~mathcad2000 and post one of the files. Richard

Dear Richard, Thank you for responding. I seem to have some difficulty login into that site. What other options are there for me? Lim
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Post one of the files here. Richard

Here goes.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It opens fine for me, in 11.2a. Try moving the files to a different folder. Richard

Richard, I am totally confused. What operating system are you on? I wondering if it has anything to do with Javascript or Microsoft Framework. But I am able to open other mathcad files and I can create new files and save them. I have moved this file to another folder with the same result, "Failed to open document".

How are you trying to open the file? Selecting it from the file open dialog within Mathcad? Navigating to the containing folder and double clicking it? Using your web browser? Or ????? The .NET framework is not involved with Mathcad prior to MC12. Javascript is generally only relevant to web pages. The file opens fine for me on MC11.2a. But there is one anomaly. At the end of the explanatory information at the beginning there is an equation. It is some form of object that is not recognized on my system. I can see the equation (although it looks like it may not be displaying quite right, there might be a missing font involved) as embedded objects include a picture (WMF) as of when they were last evaluated, but cannot launch the application behind it. Possibly your system has a definition for whatever type of object that is, but one that is not working properly.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomGutman)

"Tom Gutman" wrote:

At the end of the explanatory information at the beginning there is an equation. It is some form of object that is not recognized on my system. I can see the equation (although it looks like it may not be displaying quite right, there might be a missing font involved)

Announcements

Top Tags