cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

File corruption MCAD 15.0

standish
1-Newbie

File corruption MCAD 15.0

Dear All,

Has anyone encountered the error "The requested file is not a valid MathCAD XML worksheet" when trying to open a previously OK file?

I've lost a couple of days work to this now over the last month so would appreciate any suggestions!

My machine spec if relevant is:

W7 enterprise, SP1, 64 bit with Intel X5680 CPU @ 3.33 GHz

Thanks in anticipation,

Standish.

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:standish)

What is the size of the file (according to Windows).

If you can (intellectual property poses no problems), please post the file. (Attach it to your reply)

Luc

Hi Luc,

Thanks for your reply.  The file is 1053 KB according to Windows.  I can't share it I'm afraid.

File size hadn't occurred to me as problem but now you mention it....

I've inserted seven images by creating a .png in MS Paint, pasting that into Word to resize it, then pasting from Word to MCAD.  My only reason is it's the first way I stumbled across that lets me resize the image without losing quality. As soon as I found a way that worked I stuck with it.  Could this be the problem?

Thanks again,

Standish.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I inquired about the size to make sure it's not 0 bytes... Thát would be a problem.

1 MB is quite common especially if there are pictures in the file.

Since you cannot post the file, you have to work it out on your own. Some tips:

Since it's an XML worksheet, you might try to inspect it with a simple text editor, like Notepad. Another possibility is to use Internet Explorer that is happy to open XML files; it might reveal structure faults. Compare the (structure of the) contents with another one you saved in the same file format.

What exact version of Mathcad 15 are you using? The latest version is M045, I believe, It just might help to update in case you're using an older version.

Success!
Luc

Update:  I (IT) reinstalled MathCAD and have had no further problems (to date!)...

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

So the conclusion is that for some reason your Mathcad application had become corrupted?

Good to hear that re-installation worked!

Success.

Luc

Top Tags