cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

First timer with difficulties in following basic instructions

SJ_9726923
4-Participant

First timer with difficulties in following basic instructions

Hello and thank you to whomever reads and responds to this request. I am currently trying to recreate this  procedure https://faculty.csbsju.edu/frioux/scf/HESCF.pdf with never have using Mathcad. I have entered all the equations and attempted to set up a solve block but to be honest I am completely lost. I have attached my file here, if anyone could respond and show me what this in the end looks like I would greatly appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5

You missed the global assignment of the variables C.j1 and C.j2 which the author had used. Thats the reason for the error when you try to define H.11.

Werner_E_0-1606229353561.png

SJ_9726923
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Okay I added that, now what?

@SJ_9726923 wrote:

Okay I added that,

No, you didn't! I was talking about the global assignment I see in the printout of the Mathcad sheet.

Werner_E_0-1606355314124.png

Werner_E_0-1606355219928.png

SJ_9726923
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

so I changed that, I am not sure on what I should do to get this to run from here

You mixed up Cj1 with Cj1  (the same with i and 2, too) quite some times! In the pdf the j (and also the i) never is in the subscript as far as I see.

Furthermore function epsilon must be defined outside of the solve block, otherwise its only known within the block.

In the definition for E.atom you had a typo (index 2 instead of 1)

See attached sheet.

Top Tags