cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Footer formatting gets lost when file is closed

mappleby811
5-Regular Member

Footer formatting gets lost when file is closed

When I have a filename in my document footer that is longer than the width of the page, the filename runs off the side of the page. To fix this, I have to make the text smaller so that the grab bar on the right side of the text window is visible, drag it to within the margins of the page, then reset the text to original size. The problem is that this setting doesn't get saved when the document is closed. Every time I open the file it's back to running off the page. Is there anything I can do about this, or is there any way I can report this to PTC as a bug? The attached image shows how it's supposed to look at the top and how it looks every time I open the file at the bottom. I'm also attaching my .mcdx file in case that's helpful at all.

Mathcad Prime 8.0.0.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Can think of two workarounds;

1) Just use the filename not the long \full path.

Capture.JPG

2) Use a text box CTRL+T in the footer and cut and paste the full path and filename from windows explorer.

This will save the formatting but won't adjust if you save somewhere else or change filename.

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Can think of two workarounds;

1) Just use the filename not the long \full path.

Capture.JPG

2) Use a text box CTRL+T in the footer and cut and paste the full path and filename from windows explorer.

This will save the formatting but won't adjust if you save somewhere else or change filename.

Cheers

Terry

mappleby811
5-Regular Member
(To:terryhendicott)

Thank you for the suggestions. The second one unfortunately won't work because we reuse these calculations frequently and there's no way we can rely on everybody using them to remember to update the footer 100% of the time. I may end up going with your first suggestion, though. It's preferable for us to have the whole path, but I think we could maybe get by with just the filename since the project info is in the header.

Top Tags