cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Gases, Solids, Metals and Liquids Reference Tables missing from MC Prime?

ddenholm
6-Contributor

Gases, Solids, Metals and Liquids Reference Tables missing from MC Prime?

MathCAD 15 has Reference Tables for properties of gases, liquids, solids, and metals but I cannot find them in MathCAD Prime 2.0

MCP 2 does have reference tables but there seem to be a lot less than MC15.

Does anyone know what happened to the missing tables? Will they be added back in a later version of MCP?

--Doug

5 REPLIES 5
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ddenholm)

If the tables are a "handbook" or add-on, is it Kosher to make it available for those of us with MathCAD 14? If they are in 14, I have not seen them

ddenholm
6-Contributor
(To:ELSID)

In MC15 the reference tables can be found in the Help dropdown menu.

If you haven't seen them... They are not all that extensive... Basic physical properties for, say, 50 commonly encountered gases, liquids, solids, and metals. All the tables I have looked at indicate the data is from the CRC Handbook of Tables for Applied Engineering Science, 1973 edition.

But it is quite useful if you need the molecular weight for ethylene and don't want to search the web for it.

MCP 2 has some reference tables (e.g. the Periodic Table of Elements) but does not seem to have the ones I mention that were in MC15.

--Doug

Welcome to the group "Properties of substances for Mathcad"

http://communities.ptc.com/groups/properties-of-substances-for-mathcad

I have created a lot of same functions (not constants!) for Gases, Solids, Metals and Liquids for Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime but PTC has no interest for this work

ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Valery,

We can always count on you for those obscure items .

Thanks

ELSID wrote:

Valery,

We can always count on you for those obscure items .

Thanks

OK!

What properties of what substances do you need!

Dencity of water for example:

wspDPT.png

Top Tags