cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Given Find

ptc-2786782
1-Newbie

Given Find

I am new to MathCAD and I am struggling wit the Given ... Find. The attached file works fine if I remove all the units but does not with the units. Could anyone offer an explanation or point me to a good tutorial. Cheers Ross
3 REPLIES 3

A victim of SUC. Rho and epsilon.x have different units. They therefore cannot be part of a single vector. Even for just display purposes. You have to assign the results of the find to a vector of names. Find treats this as a special case and does not attempt to actually create the nominal result vector, but rather makes a separate assignment for each name. You can then display the values individually.

Many thanks for the prompt reply. It's so much easier once you learn it! BTW what does SUC, as you use it, stand for ... "Short Umbilical Cord"? Cheers R
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2786782)

Static Unit Checking. It should really be called static type checking, which is a rather unpopular feature introduced in version 12. It's unpopularity is why we prefer the acronym SUC over STC, even if it's not quite correct. Richard
Top Tags