cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Graphs in Mathcad prime 3.0

jhossain
1-Newbie

Graphs in Mathcad prime 3.0

Hi all,

Thanks is advance.

I am making a graph for moments vs load radius..My Load radius start at 10.3m and hence the graph lines also start at that point (the vertical line in the document). But I want those lines to start from zero ( I mean y axis). How can I do so?

I am making these plots against LoadRadius, Rw which has three values in a matirx but my other variables just has one constant value. So how can I put these constant value against three load radius, which will utimately produce a straight horizontal line. Here in the graph I have used a technique writing Friction= C*Rw/Rw which is not smart way I think.

I am using mathcad prime 3.0

Best Regards

Jahangir Hossain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jahangir

If its purely cosmetic then you have the option of moving the axis.

Just select the axis of interest and drag it to the new position required

Unless the data value exists it won't be plotted...you would need to account for the 0 values in your data vectors.

graphimage.jpg

Thomas

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jhossain)

Jahangir Hossain wrote:

Hi all,

I am making a graph for moments vs load radius..My Load radius start at 10.3m and hence the graph lines also start at that point (the vertical line in the document). But I want those lines to start from zero ( I mean y axis). How can I do so?

Your graph is plotted against LoadRadius (R.w) which starts from 10.3m, so it will not start from zero. You could make your functions dependant on R.w and define that as a range variable, but your vectors Wind and Trim only have 3 values realting to R.w, so these would need to interpolated.

I don't really understand why you are trying to start these lines at zero.

Thanks mike...

I am trying to start those lines at zero just because of representations(looking good).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have a look at the attached. Sorry for the brute force method, but I haven't got the much time at the moment.

You could also make the first values in the vector zero in my example. Forgot to mention this.

Hi Jahangir

If its purely cosmetic then you have the option of moving the axis.

Just select the axis of interest and drag it to the new position required

Unless the data value exists it won't be plotted...you would need to account for the 0 values in your data vectors.

graphimage.jpg

Thomas

Thank you thomas....

Could you please tell me how to put graph title and axis ttile?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I don't think these features have been included in Prime 3.0.

One option is to manually place a text box yourself.

Thanks mike again.. Thats a good option..

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Jahangir Hossain wrote:

Thanks mike again.. Thats a good option..

No problem at all. It is a good workaround, not the best option as these features should be readily available.

Hopefully included in Prime 4.0

Top Tags