cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Help olving solar PV implicit eq

dipeshchauhan
1-Newbie

Help olving solar PV implicit eq

Hello all i m new to Mathcad ...i want to plot the curve between I and V. But the equation is implicit with respect to I. It's given below

PV.GIF

I have numerical values of Il,Voc,Rs,Rp,ekt. V will take values from 0 to Voc.

Please help me how to do this

10 REPLIES 10

Can you post a worksheet? Mathcad 11 preferably.

Mike

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-149416-2532/bar_anim.gif

Here I have included the mathcad 11 file .

The attached should help.

Alan

Edited: file updated with required voltage range

Alan , i don't think this works for me .

I have changed a little in it and found the graph is not matching with the standard results. I am attaching the standard V-I curve for the solar panel also for V=0, I=Isc and for I=0 , V=Voc.

VI curve.GIF

I have also attached the Mathcad file i have modefied .

Look at the revised file I posted. My original one didn't have the voltage range you required. The new one does and the graph looks like the one you've posted.

Alan

Actually, on closer inspection it's not identical. Are you confident the constants you supplied are those used to generate the graph you showed? Or, more likely, have I implemented the wrong constants?

Alan

The constants are correct as per my knowledge.But I=0 happening at around 19.4V. May be this given , find block is not good enough to find out the solution accurately . Do u know any other method of this kind of implicit function.

dipesh chauhan wrote:

The constants are correct as per my knowledge.But I=0 happening at around 19.4V. May be this given , find block is not good enough to find out the solution accurately . Do u know any other method of this kind of implicit function.

It's not the solve block that's the problem. If you substitute V=Voc and I = 0 into the right-hand side of your implicit function you get 2.08 amps, not zero amps. Hence your function isn't consistent with I=0 at V=Voc.

Alan

Thanks a lot Alan ,

I m not sure what is wrong now. Actually with the I-V curve one should have V=0 at I=Isc that's I=3.29A. This is ok .

But when one look for point where I=0 , V should be open circuit , that is V=Voc that's 18.2V

I've noticed one error in my original worksheet - the brackets in the function were in the wrong place! However, correcting this hasn't improved the situation!! See attached.

Alan

Top Tags