cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Help on plotting sine wave and logarithm base e

Jim35
4-Participant

Help on plotting sine wave and logarithm base e

Greeting,

I wanted to plot a function which is the addition of a sine wave and logarithm base e but I couldn't get it to work. Can somebody help me? I am new to Mathcad, please bear with me.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Jim35)

You raise e to the power t, and t has a dimension (s). Any power that you raise e to MUST be dimensionless. You probably forgot to define and use the time constant (tau?) that t must be divided by in the exponent of e.

ttokoro (above) used a simple 1s for that.

And finally you defined V as an amplitude, but you don't use it, but that shouldn't present a plotting problem.

Anyway:

LM_20181130_Plot.png

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

ans.gif

Jim35
4-Participant
(To:ttokoro)

Thank you ttokoro.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You raise e to the power t, and t has a dimension (s). Any power that you raise e to MUST be dimensionless. You probably forgot to define and use the time constant (tau?) that t must be divided by in the exponent of e.

ttokoro (above) used a simple 1s for that.

And finally you defined V as an amplitude, but you don't use it, but that shouldn't present a plotting problem.

Anyway:

LM_20181130_Plot.png

Success!
Luc

Jim35
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you Luc for your detailed explanation!!

Top Tags