cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Hepl to make a graph with 3 positive variables

lmartinez
1-Newbie

Hepl to make a graph with 3 positive variables

Is this 3 positive variables in a equation are possible to make a graph ?. please help me to solve this in Math CAd prime. I also attached the MATHCAD prime spreadsheet.

2015-01-08+10_19_31-PTC+Mathcad+Prime+3.0+-+C__Users_lex.m_Desktop_graph.mcdx.jpg

2015-01-08+10_24_37-PTC+Mathcad+Prime+3.0+-+C__Users_lex.m_Desktop_graph.mcdx.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
athurin
4-Participant
(To:lmartinez)

Not sure that it's the most esthetic way of doing, but this does *something*.

I am not an expert, but I think you have to (and even if you don't have to, at least, it works this way) use the "fundamental" variables that your stuff are built on to define everything (here, pe and p1, not x and alt).

You also have to define them as range variable for plotting (it might assume range variable on its own, but I wouldn't let the software make that decision for me). In you particular case, you don't have much choise, because the function you want to plot are functions of more than one variable, so I doubt that Mathcad can decide on its own which one you want to do you plot against.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
athurin
4-Participant
(To:lmartinez)

Not sure that it's the most esthetic way of doing, but this does *something*.

I am not an expert, but I think you have to (and even if you don't have to, at least, it works this way) use the "fundamental" variables that your stuff are built on to define everything (here, pe and p1, not x and alt).

You also have to define them as range variable for plotting (it might assume range variable on its own, but I wouldn't let the software make that decision for me). In you particular case, you don't have much choise, because the function you want to plot are functions of more than one variable, so I doubt that Mathcad can decide on its own which one you want to do you plot against.

Problem solved thank you !

Top Tags