cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How Can you print long expressions

ChadG.
1-Newbie

How Can you print long expressions

How can you have MathCad split the long expressing into lines at addition/subtration terms so it can be printed properly.

An example is attached "I am doing it manually"

I still wish to embed MathCad within my post....I tried the Blue A but I guess it works for hyperlinks...I have also tried to embed lines of MathCad using copy paste still does not work!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ChadG.)

You would have to copy and paste the result, so that it's dead. Then Mike's suggestion will work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You can break long expressions by holding Ctrl and hitting enter. Example shown below.

Clipboard01.jpg

I still wish to embed MathCad within my post....I tried the Blue A but I guess it works for hyperlinks...I have also tried to embed lines of MathCad using copy paste still does not work!

Download a freeware program called Irfanview and copy and paste the regions in there, then insert them into your post as I have done above.

Mike

Message was edited by: Mike Armstrong

the long expression is a result of symbolic calculation (symbolic output)....I tried to use ctrl+enter within symbolical output terms but it did not work (I could be doing something wrong...)

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

the long expression is a result of symbolic calculation (symbolic output)....I tried to use ctrl+enter within symbolical output terms but it did not work (I could be doing something wrong...)

If that is the case, I don't think you can sorry.

The Ctrl Enter works when manually typing formulas, but doesn't work with symbolic evaluations though.

Mike

Thanks

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You would have to copy and paste the result, so that it's dead. Then Mike's suggestion will work.

I do that so I can split answer into terms. I thought I might be missing something or an option that would split resulting long symbolic calculation into term once it hit page margins.

It would be nice if they can develop this in future versions so the symbolic output would be displayed in multiple lines.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It would be nice if they can develop this in future versions so the symbolic output would be displayed in multiple lines.

I agree 100%

When I want to print a Mathcad-sheet with a long result of a symbolic evaluation (for a Figure for an article or a book) I convert this result into picture (PrtSc key) and edit this picture make it not so long.

It is a long way but it is one way!

See 3-d and others factor operators (a working with prime and not prime numbers) here (one Fig. from my book):

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/mc8Pro.book/7_text.files/7_11.jpg

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

It is a long way but it is one way!

Valery,

That is a VERY LONG way. I think Richards suggestion above would be the right way to go.

Mike

wow thanks

Top Tags