cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How can i keep my Licence trough a refactoring?

FA_10071452
2-Guest

How can i keep my Licence trough a refactoring?

I need to refactor my pc soon in order to fix/isolate a bug that has been hindering my work. I have a mathcad 10 licence that i got from the school. I activated the code a few days ago and now i dont know how i can keep the license when i refactor my computer. I have saved the license file just in case but im not sure if it will help. any Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

yes, save correct license file and use it later to activate individual license as written in attached PDF file.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

if you have backup copy of license file then you can reinstall Mathcad Prime after Windows reinstallation.

Path to license file is saved in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\MathcadPrime.exe.V7.Config file. You can open it in Notepad++ and look at lines 101-106. 

Martin Hanák

So all i have to do is to save the correct license file and replace it into the folder once I reinstall mathcad?

Hi,

yes, save correct license file and use it later to activate individual license as written in attached PDF file.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags