cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do I correct an ODBCread and ODBCwrite error?

acharest
1-Newbie

How do I correct an ODBCread and ODBCwrite error?

Hello,

I have followed the set up instructions for the ODBCread and ODBCwrite custom functions (copying dll, dbread, and dbwrite files to the Custom Function folder) and I get the following error:

Error.png

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a solution for this?

Thanks,

Adrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Adrian,

comments in windows 8 - Visual Studio 2013 MSVCR110d.dll is Missing - Super User suggest that it is a debug version.

- tricky...

as an engineer I would try an experiment (copy & rename the dll file) whether it will work who knows.

what's' the worst it can do ?

If it doesn't work, remember to undo the changes.

if not then next best is to try to obtain a copy of the mscvr110d file

- it might be available as a download; but you will need to exercise care about the source

I don't have copy on my computer so unfortunately I can't help there.

-final option (at the moment) is that it may be part of the visual studio package

you could try the visual studio express install , which I believe is a freeware version from Microsoft.

If it is there it may be possible to extract the 1 file that you need.

Otherwise raise it as an issue with PTC - all the required DLL files should be supplied with the Mathcad install.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I think that this means you don't have the Microsoft visual c runtime files.

either type mscvr110 into google or head over directly to the Microsoft website to download the appropriate installation files.

Regards

Andy

Are there any more suggestions for this?  I've uninstalled and installed the run time libraries and it still isn't working.

Does the "D" in the .dll file correct?  Does it mean developer?

Hi Adrian,

comments in windows 8 - Visual Studio 2013 MSVCR110d.dll is Missing - Super User suggest that it is a debug version.

- tricky...

as an engineer I would try an experiment (copy & rename the dll file) whether it will work who knows.

what's' the worst it can do ?

If it doesn't work, remember to undo the changes.

if not then next best is to try to obtain a copy of the mscvr110d file

- it might be available as a download; but you will need to exercise care about the source

I don't have copy on my computer so unfortunately I can't help there.

-final option (at the moment) is that it may be part of the visual studio package

you could try the visual studio express install , which I believe is a freeware version from Microsoft.

If it is there it may be possible to extract the 1 file that you need.

Otherwise raise it as an issue with PTC - all the required DLL files should be supplied with the Mathcad install.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

My IT department was helping me out with this and we tried your first two solutions, which didn't work.  However, they suggested your third idea (install Visual Studio Express) and that did it!

Download Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop with Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Thanks for all your help!

And I'll raise the issue with MathCAD for the benefits of future users.

Top Tags