cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How do I get Learning Connector to work in MathCad Prime 2.0?

rschor
1-Newbie

How do I get Learning Connector to work in MathCad Prime 2.0?

Now, of course, I can't find it, but it seems to me I saw a reference on the PTC site that MathCad Prime 2.0 can "get more information using the free Learning Connector button". Oh, here's the quote (from the Learning Connector "front page") --

That's the power of the PTC LearningConnector, a free learning application that comes with Creo, Windchill, and Mathcad Prime.

The same site talks about a "Free 30-day eLearning Trial", which seems to imply that it is not free after 30 days. [Maybe this is the "trial" version, similar to the 30-day trial of MathCad Prime?]

I can't figure out how to activate or use the Learning Connector. As I write this question, I realize that maybe I'm supposed to choose the 30-day free trial, and it will instead install the fully-licensed non-expiring version. However, I don't want to simply assume this -- can someone tell me how to get access to the Learning Connector? Is it something that should already be installed when I installed MathCad Prime 2.0 (in which case I simply can't figure out how to work it) or is it an "add-on" that I need to download or otherwise install?

Thanks for your help. I'm really liking MathCad Prime, even though I've been raising questions ...

3 REPLIES 3
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:rschor)

Robert,

Go to Help in either Mathcad Prime 1.0 or Mathcad Prime 2.0. In both versions, you can see free Help videos to get started learning new features. You can also click on the link to connect to the Learning Connector.

Mona

rschor
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Mona,

When I click on the link to the Learning Connector, it takes me to a PTC "placeholder" site, where I am invited to download a 30-day trial of "eLearning". Is this 30-day "free trial" the same as the Learning Connector? I had the impression that the Learning Connector, for licensed users, was not limited to 30 days.

Can you clarify the process after I go to the "placeholder" site? Should I download the 30-day trial? Will my license "convert" it into a Licensed Product (as it did with MathCad Prime 2.0 and MathCad 15)?

This is very confusing. The information here seems to be woefully incomplete on How To Proceed.

Bob Schor

Bob,

I am have the same problem and it does not look like you get much help after you buy their product they just want you to buy more. I have been trying to get answers to why I cannot open the help files and the tutorials in prime 2.0 and why I cannot open any of my Mathcad 15 projects on the vr15 that came with the prime 2.0 for over 2 weeks after I bought prime 2.0. Good luck, I am having none.

Top Tags