cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

How do I get a Mathcad License?

ptc-3066037
1-Newbie

How do I get a Mathcad License?

How do I go about getting a license for Mathcad 14? It's installed on a machine that does not connect to the internet. I've spent all afternoon chasing this around and I can't believe how difficult it is to get a license for this software if your machine isn't online. Other companies have solved this problem much more elegantly. I can't even open a support ticket. Can anyone suggest something?
2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3066037)

Call licensing at 781-370-5205 Richard

If you think getting a license without internet access is difficult, try getting a replacement with internet access after the computer crashes. I had to rebuild my computer from the ground up after a malware attack. Everything came back together as I worked on it except the MathCAD license. Unlike most other software companies, PTC doesn't have a mechanism in place to automatically deal with problems like this. Their license system just tells the customer that the maximum number of licenses is reached and to go buy (yes, buy!) another. These guys at PTC don't answer email. Their voicemail is on infinite loop. It's just plain impossible to contact them. And I'm stuck with not being able to use a license that I paid for.
Announcements

Top Tags