cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How do i add a point in a chart

MySchizoBuddy
1-Newbie

How do i add a point in a chart

I want to add a specific point F(1) on a rectangular plot. but doing that gives me a horizontal line. I want to highlight certain points in the graph.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just double click on the graph, select Traces, select Points as the "Type"

TTFN

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Something like the attached?

Mike

So i put my points in a X and Y vector and plot those.

Let me try

You could post a worksheet showing an example of what you want.

Mike

This is what i have so far. look at the attachment

How do i remove the lines connecting the crosses

That can be done.

Can you post the Mathcad worksheet?

Mike

Just double click on the graph, select Traces, select Points as the "Type"

TTFN

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:IRstuff)

He could also use the "Lines" function attached and plot the real and imaginary parts instead of inputting the vectors into the graph.

Mike

here is my worksheet

Ziyad Saeed wrote:

here is my worksheet

Have a look at the attached worksheet. I know Eden has helped with the question but this is a different method to creating vectors and putting directly onto the graph.

On another note. Upload worksheets in M11 format for a wider audience.

Cheers

Mike

I simply put the x and y coordinates of the point on the respective axes, select a symbol, give the symbol enough weight to be seen and change the line type to points. See one of the plots in the attached file

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Joeboy)

To ensure the maximum audience post your worksheets in M11 format.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Dixie Griffin wrote:

I simply put the x and y coordinates of the point on the respective axes, select a symbol, give the symbol enough weight to be seen and change the line type to points. See one of the plots in the attached file

Dixie,

While that is another option and probably the most basic, simple in my eyes is good. If the variables in the graph change you would have to manually change the numbers in the graph yourself.

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

Dixie Griffin wrote:

Dixie,

While that is another option and probably the most basic, simple in my eyes is good. If the variables in the graph change you would have to manually change the numbers in the graph yourself.

Mike

Quite right Mike,

I refrained commenting because in my opinion Dixie's suggestion was too primitive considering all the tools I plug in this collab. Like you say: manually assigning the points is not the way in real projects where you want the points to be computed. I have clearly realised that most of the *.xmcd has little interest unless from some old collabs.

Cheers Mike,

Don't miss "Tangent, normal, Curvature, Radius of"

It might help in your "pipeline" project.

Jean

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

jean Giraud wrote:

Cheers Mike,

Don't miss "Tangent, normal, Curvature, Radius of"

It might help in your "pipeline" project.

Jean

Cheers Jean,

Just downloaded the "Tangent, normal, Curvature, Radius of" worksheet.

Mike

If the coordinates of the point to be plotted are computed, give them variable names and use variable names instead of the number. That way the point is plotted properly if the coordinates change

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Dixie Griffin wrote:

If the coordinates of the point to be plotted are computed, give them variable names and use variable names instead of the number. That way the point is plotted properly if the coordinates change

Dixie,

That is an improvemnt from what you originally suggested, but what happens if you have 10 points to plot? Define 10 variables?

Mike

I was assuming here that we were talking about 1 or 2 points that are being used to specify a particular point on a curve. For multiple computed points I insert variable names in a matrix, if possible, see attached. If the variable values change the points are still plotted properly

More for your tool box & enjoyment.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Dixie Griffin wrote:

I was assuming here that we were talking about 1 or 2 points that are being used to specify a particular point on a curve. For multiple computed points I insert variable names in a matrix, if possible, see attached. If the variable values change the points are still plotted properly

Nice example Dixie.

Mike

Top Tags