cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do you convert a table of values which is in rectangular format to polar?

wksriaanc
3-Visitor

How do you convert a table of values which is in rectangular format to polar?

See attached table with values in rectangular format using Prime 5

6 REPLIES 6

ang.png

Too easy 🙂 Thank you, ValeryOchkov. P.S. User's that has previously used Mathcad 15 reckons it's more user friendly. I find Mathcad Prime easier to use?

Some thing is better in Prime, some - not!

We can use Re and Im functions in Mathcad 15  and Prime too!

Can I just ask one more question. Sometimes I want to define a numerical with a string. See attached. Can this just be overcome by typing, value:=1

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:wksriaanc)

@wksriaanc wrote:

Can I just ask one more question. Sometimes I want to define a numerical with a string. See attached. Can this just be overcome by typing, value:=1

I'm not clear about what you are actually trying to do from that image.  Mathcad doesn't automatically coerce values from one type to another (with a few exceptions).   Mathcad does, however, provide a few conversion functions.   In particular, you may like to look at the function str2num to convert a string to a number.   num2str does the reverse.

2020 07 14 A.png

Stuart

@wksriaanc wrote:

Yes, because what you call a string actually is a variable name and if you use a variable it has to be defined before. Obviously you can't multiply a number with a string.

You may consider labeling that variable as unit and you can also type it in the placeholder for the unit when displaying a variable.

Werner_E_0-1594737803699.png

Top Tags