cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How do you frame the Header and Footer in Prime?

jdesai-2
11-Garnet

How do you frame the Header and Footer in Prime?

How do you frame the header and footer in Mathcad prime? In Mathcad 15 there is a box that you can check off. I don't find anything like that in Prime.

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jdesai-2)

You can't. It's just one of those many, many features that Prime is still lacking with respect to Mathcad......and PTC promises.

Success!
Luc

In the Document Ribbon I see header and footer - Prime 3.1

Valery Ochkov wrote:

In the Document Ribbon I see header and footer - Prime 3.1

Yes, but we can't frame them as in MC15 - jim asks for a way of drawing a border around.

Danke

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Well, here's a work-around:

1. Create a png image of a rectangle in your favorite graphics editor, close in size/aspect ratio to the header/footer in your Prime worksheet.  The background has to be transparent so you'll need to save it as a png file (a jpeg won't work, you'll get a white background that may or may not cover up your header/footer fields).  You'll need a graphics program to do this - I used SnagIt, but GIMP or Paintbrush or anything that will save a png file should work as well.  Once you've created this image and saved the png to a convenient location, you can use it over and over again for other worksheets.
  2. In the header, insert an image (Document tab), selecting the png file you created in step 1.
  3. Mouse select and size the rectangle to fill the header area.  You'll want a little bit of "clickable" space to either side of the rectangle.
  4. Click outside the rectangle and type your header text, then move that text inside the box and position where you want it.
  5. Copy the rectangle image and past it in the footer to get a rectangle of exactly the same size as the one in the header.
  6. Create your footer fields and put them inside the rectangle.

Not as easy as clicking a button in Mathcad 15, but it's workable if you want the frames bad enough.  If you create the frames in a blank worksheet and create a custom template, you can just open the "framed" template and start working.

Top Tags