cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How do you get a vector or function to be recalculated?

gakuteru
3-Visitor

How do you get a vector or function to be recalculated?

I have a function that produce a series of Pi using Monte Carlo.

Is there a way I can use it in a loop so that it recalculates all its values of Pi each iteration?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Addendum:

The function argument must not becessarily be a dummy argument. It may determine how many iterations the Montecarlo simulation should go through.

maybe something like the following.

B.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If its really a function (of a dummy argument) and you call it within a loop with, lets say, the loop counter as argument, the function will create new random number every time and give you a different result.

For more help you'll have to show what you've done so far by attaching your worksheet.

Addendum:

The function argument must not becessarily be a dummy argument. It may determine how many iterations the Montecarlo simulation should go through.

maybe something like the following.

B.PNG

I needed to generate three data sets of 100 determinations of Pi but using increasing number of darts thrown each time (I used 100, 1000, 10000). The problem I was having is that the CalcPi(N) function I used wouldn't update its values when I tried to use it in my loop within my function PiDS(N,D) (Data Sets of Pi where N is number of darts thrown and D is number of determinations of Pi to make and parse into array). The way I fixed it is by using a temp array and set it to CalcPi(1) before setting it to CalcPi(N) each iteration, that way it made the function generate a new array each time. Not sure if there is a proper way of doing it. Hope I made sense...

Thanks for the help.

Not sure if there is a proper way of doing it.

Hard to say without seeing what exactly you have done.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:gakuteru)

image.png

Top Tags